Statistics

Total Posts: 31
This Year: 0
This Month: 0
This Week: 0
Comments: 12


RSS 2.0

Admin

Sign In

Navigation


Recent Posts


On this page....


Archives

 Full Archives By Category
 2007 Calendar View
<2018 April>
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
25262728293031
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293012345

Categories


Blogroll - Fav Blogs


Acknowledgments

DasBlog Theme Design by: Tom Watts
E-mail: Send mail to the author(s)
Theme Image by: dreamLogic

Disclaimer

The opinions expressed herein are my own personal opinions and do not represent my employer's view in anyway. Pick a theme:

No Tent No Chemical Wood Pest Treatment

Fumigant poison gases were initially created from a need to control pests quickly and economically. The danger risks of lethal human exposure, took a back seat to the more important primary need to commercially kill pests on a large scale.

Decades ago, when poison gas was first introduced as a structural fumigant to kill termites, the poison gas used was the strongest and most lethal pest killing agent made. Since it was the strongest and deadliest, its use on termites was considered the best poison available to get the job done.

The following is a brief summary of how chemicals are safety rated by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to help alert users of their risks and health hazards. In today’s world of EPA chemical exposure product labeling, there are three categories of signal words, CAUTION, WARNING and. DANGER. They are found on pesticide product labels and describe the toxicity of the formulated product.

CAUTION; notes the pesticide product is slightly toxic if eaten, absorbed through the skin, inhaled, or it causes slight eye or skin irritation.

WARNING; claims the pesticide product is moderately toxic if eaten, absorbed through the skin, inhaled, or it causes moderate eye or skin irritation.

DANGER; signals the pesticide product is highly toxic by at least one route of exposure. It may be corrosive, causing irreversible damage to the skin or eyes. Alternatively, it may be highly toxic if eaten, absorbed through the skin, or inhaled. If this is the case, then the word “POISON” must also be included in red letters on the front panel of the product label.

The appropriate signal word is assigned a product by the EPA based on a series of test results performed on laboratory animals to determine the toxicity of a formulation. One means of test is the LD50/LC50. A common measure of acute toxicity is the lethal dose (LD50), or lethal concentration (LC50), that causes death resulting from a single or limited exposure in 50 percent of the treated animals. LD50 is generally expressed as the dose in milligrams of chemical per kilogram of body weight the organism is exposed to. Chemicals are considered highly toxic when the LD50/LC50 is small and practically non-toxic when the value is large. However, the LD50/LC50 does not reflect any effects from long-term exposure that may occur at levels below those that cause death.

The poison gas termite fumigate sulfuryl fluoride or brand name Vikane, is a restricted use pesticide due to inhalation toxicity and it's signal word shows, DANGER POISON, with a skull and crossbones at the beginning of product label.

The Vikane Label precautionary Statements list, “Hazards to humans and domestic animals. Extremely hazardous liquid and vapor under pressure - Fatal If Inhaled - May be fatal if swallowed - Liquid may cause freeze burns of exposed skin. Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing. Vikane specialty gas fumigant is odorless. Exposure to toxic levels may occur without warning or detection by the user.”

First Aid of Vikane label notes, “In all cases of over exposure, such as nausea, difficulty in breathing, abdominal pain, slowing of movements and speech, numbness in extremities, get medical attention immediately. Take person to a doctor or emergency treatment facility.”

The note to physician on Vikane label notes, “Vikane is a gas which has no warning properties such as odor or eye irritation. (However, chloropicrin is used as a warning agent and is a known lachrymator). Early symptoms of exposure to Vikane gas are respiratory irritation and central nervous system depression. Excitation may follow. Slowed movement, reduced awareness, and slow or garbled speech may be noted. Prolonged exposure can produce lung irritation, pulmonary edema, nausea, and abdominal pain. Repeated exposure to high concentrations can result in significant lung and kidney damage. Single exposures at high concentrations have resulted in death. Treat symptomatically. There is no known antidote for over-exposure to sulfuryl fluoride.”

The last sentence in each of the last 3 paragraphs listed above as quoted from the Vikane gas product label, is clear evidence, that this gas is very dangerous.

The dangers of termite fumigation poison gas use are numerous with the primary dangers being the risk of death and according to the label it can occur without warning or detection by the user. Even if poisoning is somehow detected early enough, the label still states, “There is no known antidote for over-exposure to sulfuryl fluoride.”

Be safe, demand a no poison gas alternative such as the proven safe and effective microwave treatment system by

Wavelength Entomologic Microwave Treatment Systems.

Termite Companies Interested in No Poison Gas Wavelength System Device Purchase Visit Wavelength's Online Store Today By - Clicking Here Now -

Concerned Public Interested more about No Poison Gas Wavelength Termite Treatment Device Methods and Pest Firm Service Availability – Click Here Now –

Article By Karl Fabian

As Featured On EzineArticles

Friday, 25 May 2012 16:30:06 (US Mountain Standard Time, UTC-07:00)
Sunday, 29 July 2012 20:02:32 (US Mountain Standard Time, UTC-07:00)
Timely advice Angela, after all of our wet wtaeher termites are thriving. An annual check would also be a good idea, even though it may cost a litlle it may find termites you cannot see yet or risks areas you don't know about. We just so pre-purchase inspections and it is amazing how many homes for sale have live termites or are high risk for termite attack. Vendors lose their slaes often due to this. A pre-sale pest inspection could save you.. in the end whether you do it or the purchaser does you will most likely have to pay either in the treatment or reduction of your asking price. This is one of the most important things you should do before listing your home, yet so many people don't do it.SUEAllied Home Inspections
Comments are closed.